Jun 13, 2011

Hide or Seek?

Every Warrior of the Light has felt afraid of going into battle.
Every Warrior of the Light has, at some time in the past, lied or betrayed someone.
Every Warrior of the Light has trodden a path that was not his.
Every Warrior of the Light has suffered for the most trivial of reasons.
Every Warrior of the Light has, at least once, believed he was not a Warrior of the Light.
Every Warrior of the Light has failed in his spiritual duties.
Every Warrior of the Light has said 'yes' when he wanted to say 'no.'
Every Warrior of the Light has hurt someone he loved.

That is why he is a Warrior of the Light, because he has been through all this and yet has never lost hope of being better than he is. ~ Paolo Coelho

adapted from google images

The book was placed on my hands in the most perfect timing, when i was in doubt.

I started to believe that a part of me might not be able to continue the fight, because other warriors were marching forward while I constantly glanced to the past, tied firmly by the chains of Fear.

Fear is an ugly monster. It rips you of your soul mercilessly. Along with it, other comrades of Fear manifests, Ego, Pride, Sin and Jealousy, all trying to gain the most sought after prize, me.

I opened the door to invite Success, Humility, Satisfaction and Happiness in without realising that i left the door open ajar. 

My mistake. Should not have assumed that I was strong enough to resist Fear, Ego, Pride, Sin & Jealousy.

Regrets should be learnt, but Ego and Pride got in the way. 
Mistakes should be rectified, but Fear and Sin was too tempting to turn away.
Jealousy burgeoned, becoming the catalyst to my downfall.  

At my most vulnerable state,my saviour in the form of fate through Paolo Coelho's manual, emerged into my life, opening a path which would free myself from the grasp of all this emotional baggage.  

I'm bouncing back, kicking out all my uninvited guests from my life. I'll tell them who owns the house and how I am in charge in the end of the day.

Yes, I might have failed but failure is temporary. Success and failure is impermanent. Success will only be permanent if enough effort is constantly channeled in, and failure will continue when effort becomes stagnant.

There's only two ways out of a problem. Either hide from it, or seek courage and solve it.

No comments: