Feb 5, 2011

BF or PF - Which Generation Are You?

It's official. The world is now divided into B.F. & P.F. - Before Facebook and Post Facebook.

I'm watching Tron:Legacy in a dark theatre when the 9-year-old next to me leans over and whispers: "What's a PAGER?"

With Yoda-like wisdom, I nod my head in deep contemplation, reminiscing as I say:
"Aaahhhh, a pager...."

And that my peeps... is how you pass (or fail) the P.F./B.F. test.
Pager

PAGER

Once upon a time as popular as mobile phones, a pager is a simple telecommunications device for short messages. A one-way numeric pager can only receive a message consisting of a few digits, typically a phone number that the user is then expected to call. Alphanumeric pagers are available. Wuzzat - did I hear you say it's no longer relevant? Think again.... a pager will still kick your iPhone's arse when stuck in the middle of the desert or jungle interiors.

Read here about Twenty Dying Technologies (including the pager!): http://images.businessweek.com/ss/10/10/1021_dying_tech/11.htm

No comments: